Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Hebrews
Chapter 5
7 In the days when he was in the flesh, he offered prayers and supplications with loud cries and tears to the one who was able to save him from death, 1 and he was heard because of his reverence.
8 Son though he was, 2 he learned obedience from what he suffered;
9 and when he was made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Psalms
Chapter 31
1 For the leader. A psalm of David.
2 In you, LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice deliver me;
3 incline your ear to me; make haste to rescue me! Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to save me.
4 You are my rock and my fortress; for your name's sake lead and guide me.
5 Free me from the net they have set for me, for you are my refuge.
14 I hear the whispers of the crowd; terrors are all around me. They conspire against me; they plot to take my life.
15 But I trust in you, LORD; I say, "You are my God."
19 Strike dumb their lying lips, proud lips that attack the just in contempt and scorn.

Luke
Chapter 2
33 The child's father and mother were amazed at what was said about him;
34 and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be contradicted
35 (and you yourself a sword will pierce) 1 so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

John
Chapter 19
25 Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala.
26 When Jesus saw his mother 2 and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son."
27 Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother." And from that hour the disciple took her into his home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home