Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Isaiah
Chapter 55
10 For just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down And do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to him who sows and bread to him who eats,
11 So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it.
Psalms
Chapter 34
3 My soul will glory in the LORD that the poor may hear and be glad.
4 Magnify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
5 I sought the LORD, who answered me, delivered me from all my fears.
6 Look to God that you may be radiant with joy and your faces may not blush for shame.
15 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
16 The LORD has eyes for the just and ears for their cry.
17 The LORD'S face is against evildoers to wipe out their memory from the earth.
18 When the just cry out, the LORD hears and rescues them from all distress.
Matthew
Chapter 6
7 In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.
8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 "This is how you are to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, 5 your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread;
12 and forgive us our debts, 7 as we forgive our debtors;
13 and do not subject us to the final test, 8 but deliver us from the evil one.
14 If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home