Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

It is 4:30 and we are sleepless and shelter-less. Did not get much sleep on the bus, but we are here. I am really sleepy. I could always use more sleep, but I am not that tired considering I have had about 7 hours of sleep in the last 4 days. I could really use a backrub. I think I did something to my calf muscle. That is the only part of my body that hurts all the time. We are staying in Bath today, have a look-see, heading for Salisbury tomorrow morning and Oxford on Thursday.


Of course, our plans seem to change all the time, which is fine with me. Mom just told me that Nick is on Denny's TEC. I should try to get him a letter somehow, but cannot even figure out how to get it to Denny and let him know it is for Nick. Probable very simple, I am just a little tired.


This was a long day. About 6 A.M., we decided to walk around. Well Bath is in a valley and up both sides. So we walked up and up and up. But it is a beautiful city. We got back to the hostel and Jenn slept and I stirred. Then we walked up the other side. Then, tonight, we took a walking tour where we walked this morning. We walked the same places but the tour guide was a resident since he was a kid so he knew a lot and it was really interesting. Next, it is off to Stonehenge and Avebury and it is a bus tour, so it should be very interesting. Hope to get a long nap. Night.

June 10, 2007

I am working on getting my pictures scanned. I will go back and throw them in, but when I look at these pictures online, mine aren't that different. Bath was a white town. Not the people, the buildings. There is a stone nearby that everything is built out of and everything is this off white color. you would think that would be bland, but I remeber really liking Bath.

John Wood is famous for the architeture in Bath and during the tour I kept wondering if there were anyway it was the John Wood of JWCC. It is not. Bath, I believe, was our first, no place to sleep at night, night. There are three of those if you don't count over night trains. This wasn't the worst. As of today I have switched all the pictures. They are the ones I have taken.

MILK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home