Friday, July 02, 2010

July 2, 2010 – Acts 10:24-11:18

One thing I don’t understand about the Bible, among many, is why it repeats stories so often.  I would imagine if they only told every story once, the Bible would be about he size of a regular novel instead of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  So I was trying to think of a reason why this story had to be told twice.  We heard it as it happened, then we get Peter’s retelling in the very next chapter.  I understand that the other followers needed to hear about why Gentiles were being baptized, but couldn’t it have been summed up by “then Peter told them what happened.”  I am trying to find a difference in the two stories that might explain it or some other significance, but it may be to late or I am thinking about it too much. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home