Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21, 2010 – Catechism 512-518

Happy Feast of St. Matthew

It appears I am going through one of those cycles again.  I have spans where things are more reflective, then spans where all I am doing it debating Catholic doctrine.  I think it is important to do both, but I never intended for this to be a place of constant debate.  But that being said, I found it hard to really reflect on these paragraphs without slipping back into the discussions we have been having on Sola Scriptura.  Simply put, there is a lot about Jesus’ life that is not in the Bible.  Not just the years that He was growing up, but much of the 3 years of His ministry.  If the Bible alone is accurate, are we to assume that Jesus just repeated the same lessons over and over for 3 years.  That doesn’t seem likely.  Into what category are the lessons Jesus taught that are not in scripture.  You can not say they are not important, every word Christ uttered had meaning…..Long pause….I am not really sure where I was going with that, kind of thinking out loud.  Nothing else seems to be clicking.  A little brain fried.  It feels like I am in 5 or 6 different debates at once.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home