Sunday, November 07, 2010

November 6, 2010 – Sirach 3

Verses 20-23 made me think about all those people out there who have all the “right answers”.  I get upset sometimes when I don’t understand something.  Regardless of what is right or wrong or whether something was an accident or not, I like to understand why something happened.  That goes for how things work, why things look the way they do, basically everything.  I like to tinker with things to see how they tick.  I often come to a point where it is beyond me how things go.  Either I am not smart enough to get it or I have been thinking about it too long and can’t see the answer.  That is a very frustrating place for someone who likes to understand things.  These verses let us know that there are going to be things that are beyond our understanding.  That is sometimes hard to accept, but it warns us not to reach beyond out limits.  When we try to go beyond what we are suppose to, we can begin to lead other astray.  Stick within our limitations and accept the fact that things are beyond us, as hard as that may be. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home