Tuesday, December 07, 2010

December 7, 2010 – Leviticus 3

This is again talking about the offerings to God.  What I find curious is that my last reflection about Leviticus 1-2 I talked about giving your best to the Lord.  Hence, a lamb from the flock, unblemished, the best you had, is what God ask for.  But here, when the person offering the sacrifice is going to partake of the meat not offered, God seems to be cutting out the unnecessary parts.  Maybe that isn’t the best word for it.  I was just thinking that if Michelle wanted to eat a piece of meat, the less fat on it the better.  God wants us to give Him all the fat and we can partake of a piece that is all meat.  Now that I write it down and think about it, this could be looked at as God wanting to only give us what is good and Him taking on the imperfections or “fat and blood” of our sacrifices so that they can be pure meat.  I guess that does help with that understanding a little.  I think we also must look at this through the lens of understanding that God needs nothing from us.  This entire sacrificing and partaking is for the Israelites, not God.  He would want something that they eat that appears holy and from a sacrifice to be as pure as they could make it, thus no fat or blood.       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home