Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23, 2011 – 2 Corinthians 1 – 2:11

For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote to you with many tears, not that you might be pained but that you might know the abundant love I have for you. 2:4. I know that many, maybe not many, of you can disagree with what I write on here some times. I think this verse in one that I want to prop up as something I try to strive for. When I say things that people disagree with, I never want to upset people just to upset them, or argue just to argue (even though I do that to my wife every now and then), but do it because what I type I really truly believe and want others to believe it. I don’t want you to join my way of thinking because I get points or for “da winning”, but because I believe that this belief is how we get to Heaven and I want everyone I know to get to Heaven. It appears that Paul had disagreements with those Christians in Corinth and had told them when they were wrong and did so in a way that they have been offended or hate him. Why else would it bring him to tears. But he wrote it anyway because he loves them and wants them to follow Christ teaching correctly and so, if that means telling them they are wrong, that is what you do. I AM NOT ST. PAUL or even in the vicinity, but as I said, that is the attitude I want to strive for. So, if I say something that disagrees with you or makes you feel chastised, know it is not my motive. I am doing this for love of those I know and to reflect and think about the Scriptures.

What can we take from St. Paul chastising a group of Christians about what they were practicing. That St. Paul felt and believe that the Church must be united in practice and belief. What would St. Paul think of what the Christian Church today. What would St. Paul think of 30,000+ denominations teaching different things and all saying they are teaching the teachings of Christ. I just think the evidence of what St. Paul writes leads me to believe that St. Paul would think there should be one Church, one Teaching, one Belief. If you disagree with the Authority of the Catholic Church, do you disagree with the idea that St. Paul would be a person who would want one Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home