Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011 – Wisdom 7

In the description of the choice of wisdom over other gifts I am reminded of the story that is often talked about, but I don’t really know. The story of coming to a fork in the road and choosing the one and that making all the difference. Here we see that choosing wisdom made all the difference. We have a self described very average man that was made extraordinary because of the one choice to have wisdom instead of wealth. From that wisdom he gained wealth and power, but credits it all to the wisdom. And I love how they describe their devotion to wisdom as a physical person, something to be honored and cherished. I think we so often look at our attributes as something we can turn on and off like a switch, act one way around some and different around others. But if we are convicted to our attributes then we will not cheat on them and will stay committed. It think that is something to reflect on a try to implement in our lives.

Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two Roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home