Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011 – Numbers 35 – 36

I found the language about the blood staining the land and that the land could not be remedied by anything but the blood of the person that brought about the bloodshed. It seems the land is almost a living part of God’s plan, effected by the actions of man. I guess that makes some sense when you look that God uses nature to punish groups when they are not following His will. If you look at the plagues, famines, droughts, the ground opening up, you see that God not only controls nature but seems to have a connection to it.

It makes me wonder about a home where someone has died. Granted if someone was murdered in a home, I wouldn’t want to be there, but even someone dying, I would be leery about it. Evidently I am not too effected by it because we were told that one of the people that used to live in my parents’ house died there a long time ago. I don’t really believe in things being haunted or things like that, but I just get the sense that a place is changed when something like that happens there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home