Wednesday, September 07, 2011

September 7, 2011 – Luke 6:12 - 6:49

When I read about the blind leading the blind, I think of these churches that are started by people on their own. First of all, who has the arrogance to think they can lead people to Heaven. When humility is one of the most preached about characteristics and one that Christ shows over and over, how can someone who props himself up as having all the answers, exact opposite of humble, lead people to Heaven. Second, who joins a church that is started by someone like that. I cannot see myself relying on someone who starts a church because they have a different view on a certain belief and therefore feels they can do it better. Where is there any authority for that and where is the credibility. What about the church they left and why shouldn’t you follow them. There are only two options really, either everyone can be their own leader and guide to Heaven or there is only one guide to Heaven and everyone else is off track. If you do not believe there is only one way to Heaven, one Truth, one Church, why do you follow anyone else’s interpretation. You might as well go it alone because you have just as much ability to get it right as they do. Fortunately I do believe there is only one Way, Truth and Life and I am doing my best to follow that One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home