Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16, 2012 – Psalms 25 – 26

25 – “Make known to me your ways, LORD; teach me your paths”. How many times do we actually pray, “Know my ways, oh Lord. Let my paths work out for the best”. We are so obsessed with what we want and selfish about what is best for our lives we completely forget about everything else. When I was walking around downtown Chicago I kept trying to remind myself that every person I saw was on their own journey. You walk by a 100 some odd people on a city block and try to realize that they are each living their own separate life, completely untouched by yours, dealing with their own issues and worries, you can quickly get a sense of how little your life affects the world.

You also realize that you are probably the only person walking down a busy street trying to think about all the other people. Most of them were thinking about themselves. It gives you a sense of the dying of thirst while standing in a river. You could see why a person could be very lonely even though they live in a city surrounded by 12 million people. (I don’t know the population of Chicago, I was just throwing a number out there)

26 – “Lord, I love the refuge of your house”. Have you ever walked into a Church and at once felt like you have escaped the world. I had a feeling like that when I was in Chicago for the Assumption. I have also had feelings like that on retreat. You are busy or running around working or speaking and you step into the chapel and gain a peace. I wish I were aware enough that I could feel that every time I stepped into Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home