Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012 – Catechism 1913 – 1927

I have already been asked several times “why do you want to get into politics?”  Well, the next time I could say it is because the Catholic Church teaches me that I ought to.  “As far as possible citizens should take an active part in public life.”  My first and foremost responsibility is to my family.  That is my first and most important vocation.  But I feel that I am cut out to be a good leader of the community and I am able to fulfill that role, so I should do it.  There is no mention about whether you think it will be easy or lucrative, then do it.  “As far as possible” is the requirement.  This also is an instruction for us all to vote.  Only in the most extreme circumstances is a person not able to vote.  If you are able, it is an obligation.  That is you being a citizen and taking an active role, as instructed in the Catechism.  It isn’t a matter of wants or likes, it is an obligation that many do not take serious and which we should hold people accountable for.  GET OUT AND VOTE. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home