Friday, February 08, 2013

February 8, 2013 – Psalms 139 – 141

It never stops amazing me when I am asking for something or praying for something, the Scripture that I read pertains to that. I was asking God to put the right words in my mouth for something very important I am going to have to say and what do I read, “Even before a word is on my tongue, Lord you know it all”. Then, “Set guard, Lord, before my mouth, keep watch over the door of my lips.” How much I needed to hear those words and ponder them and let them sink in. How much peace is brought by God when He talks to us in such a real way. “Set guard, Lord, before my mouth, keep watch over the door of my lips.” This might be my new favorite verse. Psalm 141:3

The writer ask God to probe him. He must understand that God knows his thoughts better and before he knows them, yet it is an openness to God that allows him to surrender to God. There is a difference between being probed voluntarily and involuntarily and God challenges us to allow Him to probe us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home