Monday, April 01, 2013

April 1, 2013 – Proverbs 13:6 – 14:12

In honor of April fool’s day, I thought I would write about something other than the reading.

I watch this video from father Baron and enjoyed it so much I wanted to find the writing that he talks about.  There is a link to the video and the writing at the end.  I thought it was so interesting because I have written and discussed many times about how the world does not want us to suppress any desires and that is usually at odds with the teachings of the Church.  This usually comes up when there are readings about marriage, sex, abortion, sin in general.  But here, this video and writing talk about the very opposite.  There are things the world wants us to suppress, questions that every human wants and desires to answer, that the Church encourages and teaches us to seek and reflect on.  I don’t know if I have ever thought about the world telling us to suppress something and when you think about it, it flies in the face of what the world is telling you in all there other lessons.  “Suppressing any type of feeling or want is dangerous, unless it’s a questions about why we are here in the world or what the meaning of life is”.  Anyway, I thought the video and writing from former Cardinal Bergolio (now Pope Francis) was worth reading and reflecting on.

http://communio.stblogs.org/Pope%20Francis%20on%20the%20Religious%20Sense.pdf

http://youtu.be/7S43IP2Wdxw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home