Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013 – 2 Maccabees 2

What I found interesting is the part of the letter describing Jeremiah and those that left Israel. It talks about him going to find the mountain of Moses, I am assuming Mt. Sinai. But, it also says that he had the Ark with him and that it was placed in the mountain and the specific location was never to be revealed until a time God revealed it. I wonder if the importance of the Ark has lost some since Christ has come and we have His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Eucharist. That basically turns every monstrance and tabernacle into the Ark of the Covenant. I know Revelations talks about a mass conversion of Jews before the end and I can see the revealing of the Ark being a part of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home