Sunday, November 03, 2013

November 3, 2013 – Revelations 1

I have read the book of Revelations several times and each time, it feels like such a chore.  I understand that feeling when you are going through the genealogy chapters in the Old Testament, but I think sometimes this is even worse because the imagery is just so difficult to get you head around.  There are the basic images that are simple enough.  The woman, the lamb, etc, but there are so many other characters that it gets very confusing.  When one demon is then in charge of 3 others, and they each have 7 plagues and you are trying to see where it all fits, what it all means, it can be overwhelming.  Plus, there is so much written about it by some many different people, with so many different interpretations, that trying to go somewhere and get help with understanding it can be as intimidating.  I was wondering if I should just go through it and give my own thoughts or try to find something to refer people to, but I think I will just stick with me.  I do encourage people to go out and find other sources to help, just be careful who you go to.  Whether Revelation is about Rome and Nero, Hitler, President Reagan and Gorbachev or whether all the beast are represent the evil that is the Catholic Church, you find interpretations of Revelations out there that can say almost anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home