Wednesday, September 22, 2004

ProverbsChapter 30
5 Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
6 Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be exposed as a deceiver.
7 Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die:
8 Put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; (provide me only with the food I need;)
9 Lest, being full, I deny you, saying, "Who is the LORD?" Or, being in want, I steal, and profane the name of my God.

PsalmsChapter 119
29 Lead me from the way of deceit; favor me with your teaching.
72 Teaching from your lips is more precious to me than heaps of silver and gold.
89 Your word, LORD, stands forever; it is firm as the heavens.
101 I keep my steps from every evil path, that I may obey your word.
104 Through your precepts I gain insight; therefore I hate all false ways.
163 Falsehood I hate and abhor; your teaching I love.

LukeChapter 9
1 He summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases,
2 and he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal (the sick).
3 He said to them, "Take nothing for the journey, 2 neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic.
4 Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there.
5 And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet 3 in testimony against them."
6 Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good news and curing diseases everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home