Thursday, November 04, 2004

Philippians
Chapter 3
3 For we are the circumcision, 1 we who worship through the Spirit of God, who boast in Christ Jesus and do not put our confidence in flesh,
4 although I myself have grounds for confidence even in the flesh.If anyone else thinks he can be confident in flesh, all the more can I.
5 Circumcised on the eighth day, 2 of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrew parentage, in observance of the law a Pharisee,
6 in zeal I persecuted the church, in righteousness based on the law I was blameless.
7 (But) whatever gains I had, these I have come to consider a loss 3 because of Christ.
8 More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have accepted the loss of all things and I consider them so much rubbish, that I may gain Christ
Psalms
Chapter 105
2 Sing praise, play music; proclaim all his wondrous deeds!
3 Glory in his holy name; rejoice, O hearts that seek the LORD!
4 Rely on the mighty LORD; constantly seek his face.
5 Recall the wondrous deeds he has done, his signs and his words of judgment,
6 You descendants of Abraham his servant, offspring of Jacob the chosen one!
7 The LORD is our God who rules the whole earth.
Luke
Chapter 15
1 The tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to listen to him,
2 but the Pharisees and scribes began to complain, saying, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
3 So to them he addressed this parable.
4 "What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it?
5 And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy
6 and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'
7 I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.
8 "Or what woman having ten coins 2 and losing one would not light a lamp and sweep the house, searching carefully until she finds it?
9 And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.'
10 In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home