Thursday, February 17, 2005

Esther
Chapter D
1 On the third day, putting an end to her prayers, she took off her penitential garments and arrayed herself in her royal attire.
3 on the one she leaned gently for support,
4 while the other followed her, bearing her train.
5 She glowed with the perfection of her beauty and her countenance was as joyous as it was lovely, though her heart was shrunk with fear.
12 Raising the golden scepter, he touched her neck with it, embraced her, and said, "Speak to me."
13 She replied: "I saw you, my lord, as an angel of God, and my heart was troubled with fear of your majesty.
14 For you are awesome, my lord, though your glance is full of kindness."
Psalms
Chapter 138
1 Of David. 2 I thank you, LORD, with all my heart; before the gods to you I sing.
2 I bow low toward your holy temple; I praise your name for your fidelity and love. For you have exalted over all your name and your promise.
3 When I cried out, you answered; you strengthened my spirit.
7 Though I walk in the midst of dangers, you guard my life when my enemies rage. You stretch out your hand; your right hand saves me.
8 The LORD is with me to the end. LORD, your love endures forever. Never forsake the work of your hands!
Matthew
Chapter 7
7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, 1
10 or a snake when he asks for a fish?
11 If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him.
12 "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home