Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb. 21, 2010 – Catechism 91-100

I think people get the wrong idea about Catholics and that we don’t read and ponder or faith and religion because we have a Church hierarchy that tells us what to think.  It doesn’t work that way.  We are encouraged to read the scriptures and ponder their meaning and apply the things we learn to our lives.  The Church does set up boundaries and gives us clear teachings on many things, but their teachings are not usually simple things.  Their teachings and the reasons for them are also there for us to ponder and explore.  Trying to understand where a teaching comes from and fitting the pieces together and reading the scriptures and the early church fathers helps us increase our faith.  I am so very thankful for the Church and the Magisterium for giving me guidance to lead me on a path to where my faith can grow. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home