Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010 – Psalms 117-118

There is a power point that was sent to me in an email one time that talked about these two Psalms and 119.  It was talking about the middle of the Bible when you look at chapters is Psalm 118.  The shortest chapter in the Bible in 117.  The longest chapter is 119.  Here is a link to one I found similar to it.  I agree that it is neat if it all works out, but there are a few things that put it into question.  First, when they first wrote the Bible, there were no chapters, so the fact that this is the center chapter means only that.  Not that it is the center of the Bible.  To do that you would need to look at the verses (which I did one time, I will see if I can find that somewhere).  Second, the power point says that 118:8 is then the center.  But there are 29 verses, so 15 would be the center verse.  And third, they don’t use the full Bible.  They use the King James Version, which leaves out several books.  So, while it is neat and makes a good email, just thought I would point out something that I saw when I received it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home