Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010 – Matthew 19:16-20:16

We talked about faith alone earlier and here is another reading that talks about being saved.  What must I DO to enter the Kingdom.  Obviously this person believes in Jesus, but Jesus doesn’t say that if you believe in me that will be enough.  He says you must follow all the commandments and more. 

I understand there are verses if read on their own can seem to say that faith alone is enough.  But read in the context of Jesus’ own teaching, having faith in Him does not seem to be the key.  It is very, very important.  I agree 100% with that.  But it alone?

I see yesterday’s reading about the vineyard God made for us relates to Jesus’ parable.  I love the end of this one.  Are we jealous of God’s generosity.  How foolish a notion is that, yet I know I am jealous of what God has given others.  I struggle with that all the time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home