Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010 – Psalm 63

Our protection and strength is in being close to the Lord.  It very strong images of how a person can long for the Lord.  My soul thirst, body yearns, lifeless without.  It gives a very bleak description of a person’s life if they do not allow God to be a part of it.  I guess it is hard for me to imagine that.  There have been times when I have been further away than others, but never a time when God was not a part of my life at all.  I don’t think I can get a sense of what people in that situation feel on a day to day basis.  I would definitely see it as a depressing and bleak time, but is it a situation, like with any, that if you don’t know any better, you accept that that is the normal way of life.  If everyone drives around on flat tires, we will see that as normal and wouldn’t think anything of it.  We would have no idea how much better life would be if we would just put air in them.  (Stole that metaphor from Christopher West and his talks on Theology of the Body)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home