Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010 – Isaiah 23-24

Reading this I was thinking that we cannot really ever relate to this.  And when I say we, I mean the typical American.  I have no way of knowing what a city, laid waste of, in desolation, attacked and destroyed looks or feels like.  I am sure that when this was written, a greater percentage of people would have some knowledge of what that might look like.  During the middle ages when towns were attacked or plagues could destroy whole populations, they could get more of this imagery.  Even early in the last century, those in Europe and around the world where war destroyed cities and bombs wiped out thousands in an instant, they may relate to that.  And even presently, in third world regions, there are those that deal with populations in war and desolation that could relate to these experiences.  I can only imagine through the words and what I have seen in TV and movies what this would be like.  It is out there, I can’t really grasp it or feel it down deep, because I have nothing close to relate it to.  I am not wishing for that, that is just what I was thinking about, trying to picture the scene as I was reading. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home