Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2010 – Isaiah 49-50

Oh, to be able to have the confidence that we should in the Lord.  To not rebel, to not turn back.  To face those that would speak ill of God and stand up for our faith.  How often to we shirk from those opportunities.  I had an experience this weekend where God gave me a “well trained tongue.”  We were in Adoration and we were taking turns praying over individuals.  I took the opportunity to try to really allow God to speak His words through me.  I closed my eyes and tried to listen and whatever came to mind I said.  And it was awesome.  In one case I spoke some encouraging words about what someone was working on that they were having issues with.  Then I got the sense to tell someone to think about a certain vocation.  I later found out this person had been thinking about that vocation and really thinking about it.  I didn’t know that going it, but God can give us a well trained tongue if we allow Him to, if we get out of His way, if we are open to taking a shot.  It was one of the most powerful prayer moments I have had at the time, finding out the next day what my words had actually meant to those I was praying for made it that much more powerful.           

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Louise said...

It is amazing what God has to say if we just Listen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home