Wednesday, August 04, 2010

August 4, 2010 – Catechism 430-435

The name of Jesus.  I was thinking about people that name their children Jesus.  It doesn’t seem as popular here as in Latin American cultures.  They are also cultures that seem more religious.  I guess I thought it was always a little bit odd.  I don’t want to judge and you don’t know anyone’s mind, so you hope they were doing it as a sign of upmost honor.  There is no greater show of affection to someone than to name your child after them.  It is with them their whole lives.  Paul is named after his great-grandfather and I hope he honors that fact.  But the name of Jesus it seems to me is in a different category.  The name was given by an angel not only for who He was but what He was doing.  At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.  It just seems (I was trying to think of what to say next and make it something profound, but I came up with ziltch) like something I would do I guess.  But to each his own, and I do think there are much worse names for children.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home