Friday, September 03, 2010

September 3, 2010 – Nehemiah 8

I don’t understand the setting up of booths.  I know there is a Feast or Celebration of Booths that the Jews celebrated, but I don’t know much about it.  I wonder is this is also part of where Peter comes up with the idea of setting up booths for Moses and Elijah during the Transfiguration.

Here we also see the idea of celebrating feast and not being sad.  The Catholic Church has many Feast days throughout the calendar year, besides those of Christmas and Easter.  Or adult leadership at Lifeteen takes advantage of these days to celebrate with each other.  I feel in doing so we not only build community, but also our faith.  God wants us to fast and be solemn, but He also wants us to celebrate, and more then just twice a year.  Obviously we don’t do it for 7 days, but if we didn’t have jobs and other responsibilities, we could give it a go, all for the Lord.       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home