Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 26, 2011 – Sirach 45

As I said in the last post about the Levites resenting not having land, it appears that as we move through the story, some of the tribes will be jealous about not getting the priesthood.  Men will be jealous of Aaron and his sons and their authority and relationship with God.  Reflecting on what I talked about in the last post, the same question comes to mind, where they really jealous of the priesthood.  Did they know what that was about, the sacrifice that it would entail.  Or was it something that they just wanted the perks of being close to God but wanted all their land and inheritance as well.  I have people tell me on occasion that they find me to be a good role model for how I live my life and the time I give to the youth group and spend with my family.  They seem to be jealous of my life.  It makes me wonder if they really understand the things I do without in order to have that life.  Do they really want that, or do they want everything they choose over that life and a good relationship with God.  Do they want the priesthood and the land.  God appears to be saying that you must choose between the two.  It is echoed by Christ.  You cannot serve God and Mammon.  I don’t know if people really know the life I live or if they would really want it.  I love my life, even though there are moments when I want more material things.  But there are sacrifices I make in  order to have that life.  I don’t know if some realize that part of it.  Or world is not one that encourages sacrifice, it finds it unworthy of modern way of thinking.  But that is what it takes, to pick up your cross daily, whatever your cross is, and follow Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home