Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011 – Numbers 12

One thing I know I've fallen victim to over the years has been a jealousy of other people's relationship with God. I know I've watched many people have relationship or communication with God and I've always wondered why can't I do that or be that way or have those feelings and it's something that has really been a struggle many times. I think my communication and relationship with God his greatly increased over the years and so I think I struggle with this less, but it's never gone completely. I still find that jealousy rears its ugly head sometimes. But I've also been told that people think I have a good relationship God and they may be envious of me. I'm sure what to make of that, because I know personally how weak I actually am sometimes and I don't see why anyone would be jealous of my growing relationship. I also know that I haven't done anything special or significant to get that relationship or to build a relationship to where it is today. I think everyone is capable of getting to where I am and beyond. So I think the story tells a lot about our actions and our reactions to others and how we need to understand God has chosen people and his relationships with them for certain purposes. We may not be called to the same relationship Moses had with God. We may be a Miriam for an Aaron. We may even be just one of the peasant Israelites that just goes along. Wherever we are is important not to be jealous of those we see having a strong relationship with God. We need to strive to focus on our own personal relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home