Saturday, May 07, 2011

May 7, 2011 – Catechism 839-845

Here we see that the Church is not a Church that condemns everything that is not part of it.  It sees that good that can come from other religions.  I like how they put it.  All humans are seeking God and these other types of religions are trying to fulfill that.  Just because they have only parts of the truth and not the fullness do not me that they are totally to be disregarded or that we cannot learn from them. 

I have heard something interesting from those of the Jewish faith that have converted to Catholicism.  Many still consider themselves Jews.  They see the conversion a fulfillment of their Jewish heritage, not a leaving of it.  I think that is an interesting way of looking at it.  I don’t know how other converts look at it.  The Bible also talks about the fact that at the end of time, or just before, there will be a mass conversion of Jews to the Church.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home