Monday, June 06, 2011

June 6, 2011 – Hosea 6-7

Here we have mention of the being raised on the third day. It is an obvious prophesy of Christ, but I heard a homily once that talked about us all being raised on the third day. I looked for it so that I could link to it, but I couldn’t find it. I know I won’t do it justice, but here is the jist. When we are struggling or feel down and out, we must understand that we will be raised three days later. Nothing we go through will last forever and in three days we will rise. He made very clear that three days in God’s understanding could be any amount of time in our eyes, so the timing is not what we need to focus on. What we need to focus on is the hope of the rising, the understanding that whatever we are going through is not something that is permanent. God has promised to raise us from our depths and He will do so. We must persist in hope of our raising because God has promised it will be done. Our three days could be three hours or 70 years, but in the end, God will raise us up. Being raised is not only a look at Christ Resurrection but a sign of hope for us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home