Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27, 2011 – Catechism 1010 – 1014

The understanding that we should always be ready for death is on one hand chilling and on the other (I least I find) relaxing. The chilling part is obvious. Nobody really wants to die. Life is life, we all understand living and breathing and don’t want it to end. The relaxing part, I think, is that it doesn’t worry me. I obviously don’t know how I will die, but I cannot in any way stop it. I have no more control over it than I have control over the car in the lane next to me or the person who tightened the bolts on the elevator. It could happen at any time, possibly mid sentence… nope still here. It has been something that I have realized that any moment spend worrying about death takes away from the short life we have. I do think about death and ways I might die, but I don’t think it is worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home