Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15, 2011 – Luke 7:36 - 8:15

The parable of the Sower is always humbling to think about what kind of ground we are. I really think there are times in my life when I have been every kind of soil. Times when I would not let seed in at all, times when I heard it but it did not take root, heard it but was over powered by temptations, and heard it and acted on it. I think, being honest with myself, the third is where I spent most of my life because I feel I was easily tempted into going against what I knew to be right and any fruit I did bare wasn’t mature or as strong as it could be. I think this is where most people struggle because many of the weeds that choke us do not appear to be weeds and are allowed to grow until they become a danger and then we find them very difficult to get rid of. I still have weeds, but I feel my soil is as good as it has ever been. But any farmer will tell you that soil will only stay useable with constant tending, so that is what I am trying to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home