Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011 - Luke 18:35 - 19:27

The parable of the talents or gold coins has always interested me. I have never noticed that he gives the coins to ten different people. We only hear about three, I wonder about that. That means that the first person made 10 out of 1, which I would put him in charge of a great deal too. We should never shy away from using our gifts that God has given us. That is what the third man did. If you can sing, you should sing. If you can write, you should write. Wasted talent is one of the saddest things in the world. I know I wasted years not reaching my potential. When I think of the number of hours I played video games, watched TV, and wasted time, my talents were sitting there accomplishing nothing. Are we afraid of failing, that is what the third person was afraid of. He didn’t want to come back with nothing. I guess the parable should have had somebody like that to show the example. One of the servants took that gold and wisely invested it, but hit some bad luck and lost it. The King says I like the effort and you will not be punished but here is another coin to try again. We should not be afraid to step out there, we should only be afraid of sitting on the sidelines, to afraid of failing, that we let our talents sit there idle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home