Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012 – Joshua 9

There are 2 Gilgal’s on the map, so I don’t know which they would be camping at. One is close to

Ai, the last city conquered, but one is closer to the mounts where Joshua read the law to them and there is another on the other side of Jericho, so it is unclear. On my map I use the one


closest to Ai, because it makes sense with the direction of the next towns they go to. The site I am using for my maps did not have Chephirah, but the other three are very close together, so it must have been near there.

I don’t know what God is going to do about this decision that was not made with His consultation. We don’t know God’s reaction from this chapter, but He has reacted

pretty swiftly when Israel has step out of bounds so far. Speaking of acting swiftly, we really don’t know how quickly God is acting because there really haven’t been any timeframes given since the 7 days at Jericho. We don’t know how long it was between Jericho and Ai, then second Ai, then this journey by the Gibeonites. Could be days or weeks or months. I wonder if we find out later how long everything took.here are 2 Gilgal’s on the map, so I don’t know which they would be camping at. One is close to Ai, the last city conquered, but one is closer to the mounts where Joshua read the law to them and there is another on the other side of Jericho, so it is unclear. On my map I use the one closest to Ai, because it makes sense with the direction of the next towns they go to. The site I am using for my maps did not have Chephirah, but the other three are very close together, so it must have been near there.

We can learn a lesson about always bringing God into our decision making. That should be the person we always consult with any time we have a choice to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home