Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19, 2012 – Joshua 11

Chinneroth is another name for Sea of Galilee. Didn’t know that.

I tried to get my map to pull up, but it was giving me issues. The northern conquest goes really far North, up past the sea of Galilee.

I don’t know if I have mentioned this before, but I always thought it was interesting that God brings these nations together to be more efficient in conquering them. Imagine how much more it would have taken to go to each individual city and attack their army. Instead, they all come together and most the armies of the land is defeated all at once. You can imagine there would not have been much resistance after the main bulks of the armies were defeated, plus who is going to resist after seeing what happened to them.

I also thought it was interesting that nobody tried to ask for peace after the one town did. It says that God hardened their hearts, much like He did for pharaoh, in order to allow them to be conquered. I questioned what God was going to do because Joshua allowed that agreement, but you must think that God set it into motion if He hardened the hearts of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home