Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012 – Daniel 9

I think it is interesting that he prays for the sins of the nation. Do we ever do that. I know we pray for the nation, for our leaders, but do we ever ask for forgiveness for the sins of the nation. I know the Pope has asked for forgiveness for the sins of the Catholic Church over the years. I don’t remember the nation ever asking for forgiveness for its sins.

Years and dates, the footnotes say are approximates, but the footnotes also talk about some very specific people that Daniel appears to be talking about. I have talked before that Daniel was written during a time of Jewish persecution and was written to motivate the Jews. He is writing here that although it is dark, they are leading towards a light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home