Friday, February 03, 2012

February 3, 2012 – Catechism 1302-1311

I do not have much to say about these paragraphs. When I have been reading about Confirmation and when trying to teach young people preparing for it, I get a sense of regret for how ill informed I was when I received mine. I wonder what I might have felt if I had taken it serious or realized in the least bit what was going on. I was not well informed and taught very little. Knowing what I know now, I do not want my children growing up uninformed about the beauty that is in the Catholic Church. I have come to love and cherish every aspect of being Catholic and will do everything I can to pass that on. I worry that they will chose to follow some other path, knowing they have their own free will. It scares me to know how little I knew in the very formative years I had and how things might have been different. I also see a world going mad around me and I feel very strongly that the Catholic Church is a pillar that we need to cling to in order to save the world. I have years before Paul is ready for Confirmation, but, God willing, he will not go into it as blind as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home