Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012 – Catechism 1356-1361

I don‘t know if I have ever thought about the Eucharist and the Mass as a celebration of Thanksgiving for all creation. I knew Thanksgiving was at the root of what was going on, but I always thought of it being limited to a Thanksgiving for Christ and what He did and for God’s great love. It makes sense if you are thanking God for His love and what He has given, that includes much more than just Christ and His sacrifice. It includes all things good that surround us and that God brought into being and continues to keep in being for our good. I will reflect on that the next time I am in Mass (or try my best with trying to keep Paul under control) that the Eucharist is a celebration of Thanksgiving for all that God has done. What a wonderful thing to do every week, to get together and say Thank you to God for all that He has done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home