Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11, 2012 – Catechism 1450 – 1460

The “detestation of the sin committed” (1451) is something that I don’t think I really felt or understood until recently.  I went to confession often enough through retreats and such, but feeling detested at some of the sins I committed on a regular basis was not a regular part of my thoughts.  I cannot say that now.  Cursing is one thing that comes to mind.  I think it is just ugly anymore.  I almost never do it and when something slips I am completely upset with myself.  That is a far cry from where I once was.  There are still sins that I commit that may not bring about the same detestation, but those are things I am still working on.  But there are a great number of things that used to consume me and run my life that now, looking back, makes me sick to think about.  I cannot imagine myself even considering doing some of the things I thought were routine years ago.  I knew what sin was, I just didn’t have the same aversion to it that I do now.  I was numb to it.  I thank God for the Grace that I have been given to find sin so detestable and pray that I continue to work towards feeling that way towards all my sinful acts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home