Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012 – Catechism 1526 – 1532

In summary, there isn’t much else I could think to reflect on.  I have never received anointing of the sick.  My health has been pretty good thus far in my life.  I know there are prayers out there that include a request for a death that is not sudden, so that the person can receive these final gifts before they leave this world.  The more I learn about Grace, God’s Power, the Sacraments, the more I realize that is something I long for very deeply.  I know that I am not ready for Heaven.  I know I have attachments to this world that I am not cured of and I need purifying.  I long for these gifts on the final journey, to help sustain me and carry me into the arms of God.  To leave this world with every possible Grace that is available would be, possibly, the greatest blessing a person could hope for. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home