Wednesday, May 09, 2012

May 9, 2012 – Catechism 1514 – 1519

I have a card in my wallet that says “I’m Catholic. If I am about to die, call a priest”.  Or something to that effect.  I hope that if it is my time, there is enough time to call a priest.  The Sacraments and real and powerful and bring us closer to God.  What better way to leave this world than having the Grace of the Sacraments building you up for that journey.  As it is stated, the optimal order is Confession, Anointing, then receiving the Eucharist (or Viaticum – the name for Eucharist given at the time of death).  A clear conscience, strength and eternal food for the journey.  I pray that I am able to leave this world that prepared for the next and thank God for being in a Catholic Church that offers such gifts for that journey.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home