Wednesday, June 06, 2012

June 6, 2012 – Catechism 1562 – 1571

I have thought about becoming a deacon.  I still haven’t taken it off the table as an option, but it is not the right time for me now.  One of the reasons I am so interested in it is the service of the Church in that special way.  I have always felt drawn to help at the Church and I never really grew up in a parish that had deacons.  Epiphany, where I am at now, has two, and I see how they work to serve the parish in a very special way.  Becoming a priest always intrigued me, but obviously that was not my calling.  I don’t know if that inkling to be a priest influences a person into wanting to become a deacon to try and fill that longing or if it is an entirely different calling.  Our diocese only ordains deacons every 5 years and they just started the process for the new class, so I have 5 years to continue to think about it.  Who knows where I will be in 5 years time, but if that inkling is still there, I will be discerning it all over once again.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home