Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012 – Catechism 1783 – 1802

“I am allowed to follow my conscious” is an excuse many people, especially Catholics use, to do many of the things they do in their lives.  I felt this was a valid reasoning for many years through college and early married years.  How many people that use that actually look to the entire teaching on that and how many disregard the part about a well formed conscious being the thing to be followed.  If you are following a conscious that is not well formed, you are asking to be led by a blind guide.  That is the more innocent view.  Many are not being led blindly but choosing to follow a conscious that is actually leading them in the wrong direction.  I don’t think many can honestly say they don’t know what Catholic teaching is.  The information is out there.  Yet, there are those that teach in the Church, even priest, that teach things that go against Catholic teaching.  I know I have been led astray by advise from a priest that I later understood was incorrect.  Pray for priest and their conversion and their education.  Pray for those that are being led away from God without their knowledge.  Continue to look and strive to learn as much about what Catholic’s teach on your own so you do know what is right and truth and can properly form your conscious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home