Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20, 2012 – 1 Kings 3

We are often told or understand that Solomon asked for wisdom from God, but is that really what he chose.  He chose to have a listening heart.  That is not the same as wisdom, at least not the normal understanding of the word.  When I think of a listening heart, I think of that moment on retreat when God gave me knowledge I should not have had so that I could use it to help someone.  When we think of wisdom, we think of knowing all the answers.  Solomon didn’t want to know all the answers.  He wanted God to give him the knowledge that he could not have himself, supernatural knowledge.  That is the wisdom Solomon asked for. 

What an extreme example.  I was trying to think if it would apply to money.  Would a person that was robbed be willing to give it all away instead of keeping half, probably not.  What about a car?  That might be a better example since it is no use to either cut in half.  It is also a very dark person who is willing to allow the baby to be cut in half.  I guess it should be kept in mind that she just lost a child of her own and was probably not very stable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home