Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21, 2013 – 1 Chronicles 13 – 14

The story of the man that dies because he touches the Ark to keep it from falling has always made me wonder.  It is such a severe punishment for not trusting God and for doing something that, to everyone, appears a good thing, but done because of a lack of faith, brings swift punishment.  I don’t remember reading the words that this caused David to fear the Lord, but I don’t blame him.  It would scare me too.  Yet, David and Israel still fall and still disobey.

I think I remember correctly that when David was exiled, there was a time when he fought with the Philistines.  He never fought against Israel, but having the knowledge of how they fought would have been a great advantage to him.  He also had God giving him military advice and assistance in his battle, so he could have been a complete military buffoon and still come out victorious if that is what God wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home