Friday, August 09, 2013

August 9, 2013 – 1 Chronicles 11 – 11:25

I have always been a little bit confused about Mt. Zion.  I know it is an important place in regards to Jerusalem and has something to do with David, but have also been confused as to how it relates to the Temple.  Looking at different things, you see that sometimes it is marked as the place where the Temple was, but that doesn’t seem accurate because the Temple is in Jerusalem and Mt. Zion is outside the city walls.  They say it was where Abraham was going to sacrifice Isaac, but then I heard that that is where the Temple was built, but they aren’t the same and I also heard that this was the hill Christ was crucified, but that isn’t where the Temple was or the same place as Mt. Zion according to maps I found.  What I have come to understand is the Mt. Zion is a large hill outside the city and that is where David built his palace.  It is not where the Temple is built and not where Christ died, but may or may not be where Abraham was about to sacrifice Isaac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home