Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 30, 2013 – Esther C

I was thinking about something to write and really wasn’t coming up with anything until the last line.  “Deliver me from my fear”.  She is not asking that the situation change, she is not shrieking her responsibility, she knows what she is going to do and that it is likely she will be killed doing it.  She asks that God take away her fear.  How many times should that be our prayer instead of us asking to get out of something?  We see and obstacle, a hard task, a sacrifice ahead, and we pray for God to take it away.  What we should be asking is God to take away our fear so that we can do God’s will, not try to get out of it.  I was just reading a story about some men that stood in front of a church in Argentina and were assaulted by protesters.  They stood their ground, they choose the hard road.  Instead of staying home, they probably ask God to take away their fear.  What a lesson, what a verse.  Lord, deliver me from my fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home