Friday, November 08, 2013

November 8, 2013 – Catechism 2777 – 2778

Have you ever thought about what you are saying when you say “Our Father”?  Have you ever thought, “what right do I have” or “how dare I”?  I think that is something we should reflect on.  We should say the “Our Father” and as I have said, say it much more than we probably do, but we need to say it with the right perspective, with the right humility, with the understanding that we are “daring” to say it.  God is God, we are not, yet we are reaching out to Him as our Father, a relationship we do not deserve and don’t understand fully.  He allows it because Christ unites us to Him and brings us with Him to the presence of God.  But we should be humbled.  We should pray with “humble boldness” (I thought that was an interesting phrase).  I was thinking of an example and I thought of Dorthy in front of OZ, before the reveal.  It took courage to ask, courage to step forward, and, when Oz was not meeting his end, courage to stand up and speak.  She was humble, yet bold.  She understood that Oz was “great and powerful”, but she also knew what was right and remained bold.  Our “Our Father” needs to reflect that attitude.  Go to God with “humble boldness”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home